Wednesday, July 30, 2008

SAW V







SAW V. The Mediasaurs love this movie poster. Unfortunately, it is a blatant ripoff of Hannibal's maneuver in SOTL. Whatever the case may be, it is going to happen this Halloween again. The trailer just dropped. The trailer tells us nothing that we don't already know.




However, I like the messianic message behind the trailer. I have always liked the idea that Jigsaw forces his victims to live and make moral choices. In the end, it always seems that if they had just done what was right and not bought into the pain, anger and torment that Jigsaw brings, that they would have walked away; for the most part at least.




That being said, I am having a hard time getting behind SAW 5. How many steps ahead of the living was this guy? Are humans that easy to second guess? I will admit that it is some great, riveting horror. I will admit that I tend to get caught up in the energy of it all when I watch these movies year after year, but I have to admit that it is getting tiresome. The twist in part IV was pretty much the last straw for me. The fact that this is a cop now pulling all of the strings was a total irritant. The fact that he was basically no one until the fourth installment was irksome as well. I did enjoy the fact that Donnie Wahlberg's character came back long enough to have his head smashed by blocks of ice, but come on...where can we go from here?




I am going to cite again the Hannibal rip-off that the movie poster is. It is a nod to a serious serial killer, but it is also an admission that these people are really running out of creative steam.




The trailer:






The Official Site:




-Mediasaurus Rex