Wednesday, December 31, 2008

DRIVING GAMES

MEDIASAURUS REX SPEAKS
12/30/08
DISCUSS DRIVING GAMES WITH ME HERE IN THIS THREAD
It is becoming more and more apparent that I need to throw all of my resources into a PS3. It has obviously won the "gamers battle" with the XBOX 360 and it has obviously won the battle between BLU-RAY and HD.
Most importantly though, it has a cool little game called BURNOUT PARADISE. I am an oldschool BURNOUT fan. I mean seriously. It started wayyy back when BURNOUT 3 was dropping and I played a demo down. I played it down and down and down. Then I backloaded it and picked up BUNRNOUTS 1 and 2. I have been hooked ever since. Why? Steering is perfect. None of that GRAN TURISMO drift. The explosions are INSANE and the competition with the AI can be completely brutal.
What triggered this BURNOUT PARADISE attack? Well, I downloaded FLAT OUT for the PSP. I played through a bit of the demo, and I realized then and there that driving games are all beautiful, but they all suck. I have rarely felt that I am in true control of what I am doing. This loopy feeling has plagued me since the days of DRIVER. But hey...you watch the PARADISE video. You will see what I am talking about.More of my musings can be found HERE. Furthermore, you can catch me in our FORUMS.