Friday, January 9, 2009

BITCH SLAP THE MOVIE


JAN 07, 2009
I worked off and on for a video store during a crucial season in my life. The end result of that experience was that I was caught up completely on A-list movies. The part that I don't talk about much is that I was also caught up on B-movies as well. I have TROMA FILMS on lock. If it is of a low production value and smacks of something straight out of a drive-in from the '70s, my attention is piqued.
With that introduction, I would like to present to you BITCH SLAP the movie. This look like a Tarantino salute to Russ Meyers. This looks like FASTER PUSSYCAT with a budget. It looks like a lot of fun in a "of course it is going to suck" sort of way. There is no justification for this film. It preys upon the basest of the base and it is built to offend. Watch the trailer, and tell me that you aren't intrigued.



Recently, I wave been re-wendng my way through the British version of THE OFFICE. I watched it a few years ago, and was floored by its brilliance. So floored was I that I have completely sidestepped the American version. Steve Carell gives me the creeps. Ricky Gervais does too, but I am pretty sure Gervais is acting. I am not so sure with Carell. That man is a straight up freak. But I am going to do an American OFFICE takedown and I will be keeping you posted as I pit the Brits vs the Americans.More of my musings can be found HERE. Furthermore, you contact me at admin@mediasaurs.com