Saturday, January 10, 2009

CRANK2 TRAILER!!


JAN 08, 2009
I am Jason Statham's biggest fan. You think I am lying? You should read my constant gushing over DEATHRACE in this thread right here. I really think that DEATHRACE was one of he best films that I experienced in the theater last year. A lot of fun. Hang your brain at the door and go. As far as theater experiences go, DEATHRACE was just a hair or two over THE BANK JOB which was a wonderful, stylized period piece. Statham deserves an Academy Award for his believable "corner brick beatdown" that he performs towards the end of the film.
The truth of the matter is that I am gushing about Statham because I have just watched the NSFW trailer for CRANK 2. CRANK 1 was one of the most offensive mainstream films I have ever watched. It pushed boundaries and it threw so much at you that it was at times completely painful to watch. But the humor was underneath it all, and it felt strangely like any number of video games I have played. Well, CRANK 2 looks like it will be even more over the top. CRANK 1 required Statham to be jacked up on drugs. CRANK 2 is going to require electricity.
The truth of the matter is that this NSFW RED BAND TRAILER is the hardest NSFW RED BAND TRAILER I have ever seen, period. HARDCORE. It is reminiscent of the LEBOWSKI F-WORD REMIX video. You be the judge. And while you are at it, join in on the discussion at the CRANK 2 THREAD.More of my musings can be found HERE. Furthermore, you contact me at admin@mediasaurs.com