Thursday, January 1, 2009

THE WRESTLER AND THE GOD OF WAR

12/31/08
OK, I have seen THE WRESTLER. Mickey Rourke is everything that they say he is. He is a body hammer, like the old FEAR FACTORY song. The camera never lets up on him...he has to perform all the way through. If the camera isn't directly on him, it is doing his POV over his shoulder. This film is the devastator. For reals, Randy the Ram has more balls than Tony Montana...and if you know me just a little bit, you know how much I respect Tony's balls.My head is still reeling from this film. This is unfortunate for you though. When my head was reeling from MEMENTO and I told everyone that it was the dopest dope since the great cocaine days of the 80s, people took my word for it. They went in, and they went in with the hype on their backs. As a result of it all, they didn't find the movie as earth-shattering as it was. I have to downplay how good this film is. I will be writing a full review on this as soon as the New Years festivities wind down. Until then, you need to think to yourself that THE WRESTLER absolutely sucks.
GOD OF WAR CHAINS OF OLYMPUS. I have it for the PSP. It has been sitting here, staring me in the face. I haven't loaded it up yet. Why? Because I know that I am going to be lost for several hours as I master it. I will keep you posted when it happens though.More of my musings can be found HERE. Furthermore, you can catch me in our FORUMS.