Monday, February 2, 2009

TRANSFORMERS 2, GI JOE and STAR TREK


(For the record, I dig that fuzzy picture above. It hits the poetic nebulous note regarding information on this film.)
FEB 01, 2009




It is Superbowl Sunday. The ads are hitting online and the MEDIASAURS are putting in work. The best that has shown up at the time of this writing is for TRANSFORMERS 2. I swear, I am going to use all of my power to dismiss the new GI JOE movie. I will start by re-citing the 2 IRON MANS doing backflips in the trailer. A bunch of CG is not going to make this Sommers movie any better. And if you know me, you know I will eat my hat if I am wrong. I doubted racist-ass America would vote Obama in, and look at us now? I doubted the Wachowskis Speed Racer and I think it is one of the best films I have seen in a long time.

Back to TRANSFORMERS 2. It looks like fun. There are so many Transformer characters out there that I am really at a loss as to who these guys are that are showing up in this film. That being said, if you know anything about the characters, you should log in and tell us in the FORUMS.


The trailer for STAR TREK is the one that I had the most hope for and it really shows us the least. Well, we officially meet Dr. McCoy and we see some more quick edit effects but that is about it. Most obvious to all is the fact that the Enterprise is gonna take a pounding at the will of Eric Bana. I still have little faith in JJ Abrahms. I recently sat through CLOVERFIELD and it wasn't half as bad as I thought it would be. I have a Facebook friend who has told me that LOST is his second favorite television show of all time, edging out THE SHIELD and staying barely under THE WIRE. There is a lot of evidence that STAR TREK could work. But Abrahms himself has said he isn't a ST fan...


There is a lot to discuss. Register and speak on it in the FORUMS.More of my musings can be found HERE. Furthermore, you contact me at mailto:admin@mediasaurs.com