Wednesday, August 26, 2009

KERBEROS REVIEW TEASER




The teaser article.




I have a story for you.




It is a story about bolting 400 miles south to Los Angeles on a whim to meet Kely McClung, the director of the hardest crime film I have seen in a long time.




It is a story of myself having enough faith to get down there to see this film play at the Indie Fest. It is a story about a director who is not a director, but a filmmaker. It is a story of a mesmerizing afternoon with a man who breathes the very films he creates. It is a story about sitting down to watch a film done on a low budget and seeing how much dedication, love and skill was poured into the project.



This plot is thick, and it crackles. I woke up the day after the showing still chewing on it. KERBEROS is relentless, gritty and human. I absolutely loved it, and I really would like to see Kely McClung make more films of this caliber.




I am serious, if more filmmakers took a page from Kely's work ethic book, there would be such a positive change in Hollywood that it boggles my mind.




The truth of the matter is that KERBEROS is the coolest independent crime film you have never heard of.




More on this to come.




Curious?