Monday, November 16, 2009

WHERE THE WILD THINGS ARE - A BADASS MOVIE REVIEW


WHERE THE WILD THINGS ARE - A BADASS MOVIE REVIEW
By: THIS GUY OVER HERE

The children & family genre is overstuffed with bubblegum movies that it makes a film like Where The Wild Things Are almost impossible to determine how it will play with its [supposed] target audience. This is probably the most personal children’s film I’ve ever seen. While it is told, brilliantly I might add, through the eyes of a child, it seems like it goes one step further and is told through the eyes of an adult looking through the eyes of a child, (Being John Malkovich?) It’s smart, it’s scary, it’s heartwarming, its tearjerking. The entire movie had me feeling like I had the heart of The Grinch when it swells up too big for my chest. It’s truly a spectacle. By the time the credits were rolling I was already thinking fondly back on it. Oh, and the score by Karen O and the Kids = amazement.

- THIS GUY OVER HERE

THIS GUY OVER HERE - Counting down the best films of the 2000s

Mediasaurs Main Page

Mediasaurs WHERE THE WILD THINGS ARE thread with more pics than you can handle.

Contact M-Rex here